Wednesday, April 14, 2010

She is here!

My baby sister has arrived.
Riley Claire Maguire was born this morning at 9:15. She was lighter than me, but came in at a decent 8 lbs. 12 oz. She was also shorter, but was close at 19.5 inches long. She is beautiful, and here is her first photo.
Here is me holding Riley for the first time. I am going to be a great big brother. I am already the overprotective big brother. I yelled at a nurse. She came into the room and told us that she was going to take Riley, and I said "No, you can't." She then said that she was just going to give Riley a bath and bring her back. I replied, "No you will give her germs. You have to wash your hands first." That nurse knows who the boss is. Riley has nothing to worry about with me around.
Here is Riley with Mom. She looks great and did a fantastic job giving birth. We are all so proud of her.

Here is Riley and Dad. Dad didn't have to give birth, but he did have the distinct pleasure of changing her first poopy diaper. Ha ha, good job Riley!



3 comments:

Jay and Jamie Dalton said...

She is precious! Congratulations!

Five Guys and a Gal said...

Yeah!!! Congratulations! We are so happy for you. she is beautiful. What a beautiful family you have. Conor - you are going to be an awesome big brother!

Carrie said...

Ok- I LOVE that Connor yelled at the nurse. That is precious!