Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Snow Day

On February 2nd, we had a 3rd worst snowstorm on record in the Chicago area. There was a lot of snow, temperatures were frigid, but the blowing winds were the worst part. In fact, it blew so much that although the snowfall was only between one and two feet (nothing compared to the MN Halloween Blizzard of 1991!), there were drifts of five feet in some places. I was actually a little disappointed. Maybe it was the snowstorms of my childhood in MN, maybe it was the fact that the wind blew so much snow out of our yard that we could still see our sidewalks and didn't have to brush any snow off the car despite the fact that pickup trucks across the street were nearly buried, or maybe I am just tired of winter. BUT, I did have a snow day from work...something I never ever thought I would get when choosing to work in healthcare. I mean, people get sick and hurt even in the snow, but I won't complain! We spent a lazy day inside in our pajamas, drinking hot chocolate and just hanging out. Even got a nap in with the kids. Daddy and Conor played outside in the afternoon but didn't last too long because that wind was bitter.
Making snow angels
The buried pickup trucks and mailboxes across the street
Snow blew in between the screen and the window and stayed there...on most of the windows

No comments: