Sunday, September 11, 2011

We Will Always Remember

The events of 9/11 are something that will never be forgotten. At first, I had chosen not to watch or listen to many of the memorial events on television or radio, because it is just so hard to relive and recall the emotions and fears and to be reminded of the devastating personal stories of tragedy. It seemed easier just to think momentarily here and there about that awful day and the way it has forever changed our world, and move on with my own day to day activities. But it is hard to avoid. The magazine I read before bed. The homily at church about forgiveness. The TV. The radio. It is everywhere and now I can't turn it off...just like that day when I couldn't avert my eyes from the news. Who could forget where you were and what you were doing when you first heard what happened? I pray for peace and healing for the families who suffer this loss every day, for the children who never met their parents killed that day, and for our country. May we never forget those who became heroes on September 11, 2001 and remember to cherish those we love, find inspiration to live our lives to the fullest each moment, and feel proud to be an American.

No comments: