Friday, July 13, 2012

Marathon #2

The next weekend was Adam's 2nd marathon in his trek to 50 marathons in 50 states, this time in Fargo, North Dakota. He improved his time by about a half hour...quite an accomplishment, which he attributes to better training and fewer injuries this time around. Despite menacing forecasts of rain and storms, the weather was perfect with cooler temps and it only rained on our drive in to the race. We were able to make an overnight trip out of it and left the kids home with Grandma and Grandpa--we are taking full advantage of having them close!

Night before the race...
Starting


Finishing

Crossing the finish line inside the stadium
Lots of people crowded inside the stadium to cheer the runners

I made a sign in reference to last year's awesome cheer I made in support of my husband: the first time he ran by me in the Twin Cities Marathon, I yelled "Way to Go Buddy"...not honey, not babe, not sweetheart, not even Adam. Nope, I called him Buddy. That's what I yelled. Now it is a longstanding joke between us that I don't think I'll ever live down. So.....nice run, Buddy! See you at the next one!

No comments: