Monday, June 28, 2010

More Conorisms

Somewhere along the line, Conor learned the word "stupid" which we don't like to hear him use, so we have tried to correct him by telling him we don't use that word. One night, while we were eating dinner, I can't even remember what I said, but I talked about something being stupid, and in no time, Conor chimed in: "Mom, we don't say that word". At least we know he's listening.

One day we had hot dogs for lunch, after a morning of playing pretend restaurant, and I asked Conor what he wanted on his hot dog. I meant ketchup or mustard, but his immediate answer was: peanut butter and jelly. And when I said that was silly, he had another quick response: french cheese! Where did that come from?

While vacationing in Wisconsin, we had to drive a short distance through the resort to get from our condo to the pool. Since it was just through the complex and not on any real streets and only a minute or two drive, we decided to let Conor sit in his car seat without the whole 5-point harness buckling up hassle. However, one day while we were in town, he got in the door on Riley's side and got himself into his seat. While Adam was putting the stroller in the back and I was fastening Riley in, we both thought the other had buckled him. So, as we drove down the main strip in town, Conor says, "Mom, I don't have to be buckled?" Oh what a bad mom am I!! At least he was paying attention enough to know that he should be buckled on a big main road!

Another day we were having soup for lunch and as it was still steaming, Conor stopped before taking a bite and said, "Ooof da. The soup is hot!" Did you teach him that one Grandma?

We are in the midst of potty training around here and last week we were out at a restaurant with a friend. We had already taken Conor to go potty once (and he went), but several minutes later he said he had to go again. Knowing he probably didn't really have to go, but that you can't deny a pottier-in-training the chance, Adam took him back to the bathroom. He sat and tried but nothing came out. Just as the door opened for another patron to enter the bathroom, Conor said loudly, "Daddy, I think my penis doesn't work!" Ha ha ha.

Riley's newest nickname as of today was "Sister Lemonade". Don't ask me.

Stay posted for more...it is neverending comedy around here!

No comments: