Thursday, October 7, 2010

So funny...

Conor has been doing and saying more and more funny things lately. Let's see if I can remember them all. I try to write them down so I won't forget but here are some of the latest and best:

Conor wanted to help set the table for dinner one night. He found the plastic silverware and napkins in the pantry, but it took me a while to convince him to use real plates and cups. You can tell exactly where each person is supposed to sit, right?? :)
*We had some marshmallows in the cupboard and Conor wanted a couple for dessert. He used to call them smarshmallows, but has grown out of this. However, when I asked him what he liked so much about them he said, "They're just so marsh-y!"

*One night we were just sitting having a nice dinner and Conor says out of nowhere, "Mom, what kind of skin do you have?" Thinking he was remembering some of his school/daycare lessons about different ethnicities and skin color, I asked for clarification, "What do you mean, Conor?" He paused for a moment as if he wasn't sure he should go on, then he repeated himself, "What kind of skin do you have........clear or sexy?!" Ha! That got me and Adam laughing. Not sure how to answer and assuming he saw some TV commercial about skin cleanser or moisturizer that stuck in his head, I said, "I don't know, Conor. Oily, I guess. What kind of skin do you have?" This time, without hesitation and in all seriousness, he answered, "Well, I have sexy skin!!"

*We were reading some books about historical figures in the U.S. including presidents, so we asked him the current president. (During the election in 2008, when he was only 1, he was able to recognize and identify Obama, but since it had been a while, we had to refresh his memory). When he tried to repeat the name, on his first try, he said "The-Rock Who-bama"! He fully corrected himself on the second try.

*A few times a year, I go to a local high school football game to cover as "team doctor". This year, for the first time, I decided to bring Conor with me to a game to sit on the sidelines. He could have cared less about the football, but sure enjoyed sitting on the trainer's cart, pretending to drive. He also enjoyed watching the band and the Bulldog mascot (and asked me why he looked so mad) as well as the cheerleaders. He asked me why the cheerleaders weren't wearing any pants, because it was cold outside. I said they were being silly and he started to yell loudly at them, "Girls, put some pants on. Stop being silly, girls, and put some pants on!" When one player injured his shoulder, Conor asked me why I went to go talk to that boy. I said he hurt his shoulder and Conor said, "Which shoulder, his right or his left?"

*Other cute but incorrect pronunciations:
thernombeter (thermometer)
renember (remember)
basagna (lasagna)
bumping boats (bumper boats--when viewing previous post about the MN State Fair)

No comments: