Friday, November 4, 2011

Playing in the Leaves

We had the best of both worlds when it comes to fall fun. We had a great big yard--unlike our small strip of land in Illinois--but we didn't have to do much of the work of raking. I tried to help a little, but Mom mostly mowed up the leaves and bagged them with a little help from Dad. I did a little raking, but didn't have to do much. Because my parents helped take care of the leaves in our neighbors yard as well, we were able to make a HUGE pile of leaves to play in. It took Riley a few jumps and tosses into the leaves to decide whether or not she liked them but eventually she giggled as hard as Conor did on his first jump! Even Adam and I jumped in. Reminded me of my childhood, when we jumped out of the big maple tree in the front yard into the pile of leaves below! We were able to spend several days playing in the leaves before we had to get rid of them.

No comments: