Friday, November 4, 2011

Twin Cities Marathon

On October 2, the day before he started his new job, Adam ran his first-ever marathon...26.2 miles all at once! Temps started out in the low 40s, but warmed up to the 70s by the time he finished. The kids stayed home with Grandma and Grandpa so I could go watch and cheer him on--a great inexperience in and of itself. It felt like a different kind of race of my own to follow the map and find the shortest route to get there, find a place to park, find a place to stand along the race course and yell and cheer while he ran by before jumping in the car to find my next spot. I was bursting with pride for him so much that it felt so emotional each time he ran past me and especially when he finished. So proud of your hard work, commitment, and motivation Adam!

Before the race started
And they're off
Here he comes
And he finished...with an excellent first marathon time of 4:22:10.

No comments: