Monday, August 29, 2011

North Carolina, Part II: Elon

We left the mountains to travel to my old alma mater, good old Elon University. A lot has changed in nine years, there has been a ton of growth and development but the heart of the campus was exactly the same. It was not hard to remember why I fell in love with this place and found it so easy to call it home (well, after that first terribly homesick semester). There are several new buildings, new fountains, one of my old dorms has been knocked down in exchange for a newer fancier set of buildings, and the security guards now drive segways. But it really is a beautiful campus. I was able to see a few old professors, my mentor and advisor, and the secretary I worked with for 3 years for my on-campus job. Such good memories from this place!!
We were also able to have dinner and spend the night with a family that has grown very special to us since I babysat Luc when he was just one year old. He was the ring bearer in our wedding. He has since had a younger brother Will and we had a wonderful time getting to reconnect with them. Thanks for your hospitality!!

No comments: