Thursday, August 25, 2011

Rough Bedtime

I knew Conor woke up earlier than usual today and he is always a little more tired after a daycare day, but I guess we let him stay up a little too late tonight based on the following events:
After we had brushed his teeth, he decided he wanted to brush them some more, but I knew he was nearing meltdown time and he needed to get to bed, so I told him he had brushed enough. I tried to negotiate a little, but he was in no mood for compromising. After aruging intertwined with a full-out screaming, yelling, crying, jumping, hopping, flopping-on-the-bed tantrum (Conor, not me), I told him we were not going to talk about brushing his teeth anymore, he has lost his chance for the night.

Conor: But, Mom, I'm not done talking to you about brushing my teeth. I still have some more things to tell you.
Mom: Conor, we are done talking about it. You can brush them again in the morning.
Conor: But, Mom, if you don't let me brush them tonight, I am never ever going to brush them again.
Mom: Fine then Conor. If you don't brush them ever again, I don't care. Your teeth will rot and fall out and you won't have any more teeth.
Conor: Well, you can just buy me some.
Mom: Nope, I am not going to buy them for you. It is your choice.
Conor: Ok, Mom. You don't have to buy them for me. But you can at least drive me there.

No comments: