Friday, August 10, 2012

Skala Fish Fry

For the last few years, my extended family on my dad's side has had an annual fish fry/reunion at my aunt and uncle's cabin in southern Minnesota. This was the first year we were able to attend, and I was soooo excited!! I have so many great memories of the fun family times we all spent together as cousins when we were younger, but since most of us are grown and have families of our own, we don't get together nearly as often. And the holidays are always so stressful and people come late or leave early or can't make it at all. But this day was great. A totally relaxed, laid back, have fun, lounge-around-as-lazy-as-you-want or play-as-hard-as-you-want kind of day. Perfect. Thanks Gary and Flory for hosting. Hope this tradition keeps up for a long long time!
Jumping in the lake...no fear!
Riding on the boat
Close-up while riding on the boat--she was gripping me pretty tight. Fell asleep at the end, but unfortunately woke up once we docked. She could have used another trip around the lake! 
Driving the boat...super excited!
A little less excited about driving the boat
Taking a break of swimming, entertaining themselves with some of the other activites

The men frying the fish....I don't normally like any kind of seafood, but even I can admit it was pretty good stuff

The Skala gang (at least the ones who could make it)
Riley, cousin Connor, and Conor sitting on the dock, watching a water volleyball game as the sun sets

No comments: