Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A letter to remember

Here is an email we received from a relative (who wished to remain anonymous on the blog) after being here for a very brief visit recently. I thought it was something that would be special to keep for the kids to read in years ahead...such thoughtful words of encouragement for ALL of us to look back on when we're losing our patience or getting frustrated with each other. Thanks for the uplifting words!

Hi Adam and Erin,
I just wanted to drop in and thank you for making the time to spend with [us] while we were up. I know that you don't have a lot of "down time"... that you can spend quietly with each other and the children... and that time is rare and dear to have. It was so good to see everyone ... it makes me realize how much I really miss all of you. I would like to tell you both, that you should be so proud of yourselves.. as anyone can see that you spend any time that you do have at home, making sure that you work with the children. [We] were more than just amazed at Conor's and Riley's manners... and how far ahead they are in the "education" department. [My husband] was telling me that when he was sitting on the sofa and talking with Conor, he was just shocked...that it was like talking to an adult. He said that some of the conversations he has had with adults, have not even been as interesting as the one that he had with Conor.
We both know how tired a parent can get.. with working and raising children .. but it is obvious that you put the children ahead of yourselves... and that is a very rare thing nowadays!!
Adam, I hope that you know how proud your Dad would be of you... and Erin, I can see that your parents certainly are proud of all of you. Well, I won't keep you.. but I just had to tell you my feelings.. and what amazing people that you are. Again, thank you for making time to spend time with us. It meant a lot to both of us.

No comments: